- How many of you love God?
- How do you know you love God?
- How does loving God looks like?
- Fearing God as loving God.
- Confuse with our needs with love.
- Equating serving God with loving Him.
- Assuming that our giving is always a sign of love.
- Thinking that religious acts equal love of God.
1 John 5:1-2 (NLT)
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too. We know we love God’s children if we love God and obey his commandments.
1. Loves His Children
- “It’s easy to say “I love God,” but genuine love reflects God’s love. If we belong to God, then we will love each other regardless of how hard love is.”
- Loving our children.
- Parents knows what it means to love our children.
- We will do what we can for them even if it requires for us to sacrifice.
- Or do you have the idea that parents only love when...
- When we love one another, we are loving God’s Children.
- The Bible teaches us how to love and have a loving relationship with one another. - NOT the world’s concept and ideas.
- Exp: Dr Navi
1 John 5:3
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome
- This is how we love God, it is to obey his commands.
- Jesus could have been the peer of God, God of God, or a part of God, but he was the son of God.
- And a son to a father has always been a submitting relationship.
- As a perfect man on earth He choose this dynamic.
- Then it says here is not a burden.
- Christian life is not a burden. It is a blessing.
- Burden? You know what is a burden?
- Having the chance to change your life is an opportunity not a burden.
2. His Children live by Faith
1 John 5:4-5 (NLT)
For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
- What is our victory? Is our faith. Every Christian is victorious, not just for some but every Christian.
- Interesting facts.
- There nothing we don’t believe that is possible. God can do absolutely anything in our life.
- Faith is not believing inspite of evidence. Faith is obeying inspite of any consequences.
- Are you willing to obey no matter what comes your way, what it may cost you.
- You obeyed because you just trust God. And you know he will take care of you.
- In Mark (lowering the paralytic), it says Jesus could see their faith.
- Imagine if there a cctv that follows you.
- Desire to obey and serve Him.
- Delight in sharing Him with others.
- Trust Him.
- Crave to fellowship with Him.
- Want to defend Him and the gospel.
- Make time to study his Word.
- Be willing to suffer for Him.