Doing Life God's Way
- We all too are familiar and used many times the word doing ‘God’s will’
- The question we need to ask ourselves is whether we know what doing God’s will is?
Ephesians 5:17 (NIV)
Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
Eph 5:17 (NLT)
Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.
- God's will - in Greek
- 2307 thélēma (from 2309 /thélō, "to desire, wish") – properly, a desire (wish), often referring to God's "preferred-will,"
- [Note the -ma suffix, focusing on the result hoped for with the particular desire (wish). 2307 (thélēma) is nearly always used of God, referring to His preferred-will.
- The things we all must understand is God’s will is God’s heart desires of His devoted follower
- As disciple we chose to follow God’s will, is to follow His Heart..
- When we do His way, will only then we allow God to take control of our lives.
- Authentic Christian choose to deny their will and follow God’s will
- Its Hard. We called them Suffering
1 Peter 3:17 (NIV)
It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
Its good to suffer doing good, and especially it is God’s will
(taxi Driver story – rescuing a kidnapped boy instead being accused)
- Here we talk about God’s will, am sure it is hard and our perception...
Have to sacrifice more
Slow and no return
- Suffer for doing right.
We don’t like that.
Because we don’t see result fast enough
- Doing God’s will is not a Fast Food experience but a Slow Cook experience
- God knows that we needed it ! He knows the best way for us to live it. He is always there watching over us.
- Some time doing God’s requires lots of perseverance and seems never ending.
- Perseverance enables us to take care notice on character molding
- Perseverance is needed to break our stubborn ways of life.
- Perseverance helps us makes carefully decision
- Perseverance trains in righteous living
- When we do God's will, God promised us
God say that we will know the truth -
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
God says we will be blessed
Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Living a righteous life
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous
Having life with no regret as we are free from the law of sin
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
- Will you respond by doing life God’s way today?
- At the end it is not how difficult the situation is but how you respond to that difficult situation.