Planning for Eternity
2 Corinthians 5
2 Corinthians 5:1-5
- Paul compares this life to a tent
- But it was a positive comparison
- How flimsy this life is
- God fashioned us to have a mortal life that will be swallowed up by eternal life
- We are all borned with an expiration date
- This life is just a tent no matter how permanent we wish it to be
- Our real house is in heaven
2 Corinthians 5:6-10
- Paul is talking about not being short sighted
- We need to be confident what is beyond this life
- Do we look at the bible as a 'do' and 'dont's?
- Are we trying to look for loopholes or grey areas?
- God cannot be mocked
- Our hearts should be pleasing God
- Which aspect of our lives do not match God?
2 Corinthians 5:11-15
- Being right with God not just on the surface but in the heart as well
- Being seen as a fool is ok because Paul was moved by Christ
- The love of Christ compels us all
2 Corinthians 5:16-21
- God wants us to reconcile with him
- But He is trying to restore the relationship with Him
- We may have disobeyed God, and hurt Him, but He wants us to just reconcile with Him
- Reconciliation is something that pleases God, and God looks forward and longs for it
- Among all the poeple that we know, who is the one person that does not know that God wants to be reconciled with?