- Series: Come Follow Me
- Hits: 766
- Scripture: Psalm 149:1-5; Romans 2:11; Romans 12:1-2; Romans 4:3; Hebrews 6:17-19; James 2:23; 2 Peter 2:4-9
- Length: 47:42
Journey with God
- it may not be an enjoyable/pleasant.
- going through the process of refining is also not enjoyable/pleasant.
- its nice to be the end product but the process is not.
- we like being in control, but God is actually the driver.
1. Learning to Accept God's Word
- how many of us believe that God's love us?
- how many of us actually feel loved by God?
- how many of us feel that God likes us?
- sometimes we feel that God likes someone else more than me.
- God takes delights in loving us.
- God likes everybody equally.
2. Learning to Please God
- usually we just obey without any questions.
- Abraham reasoned with God.
- God calls us friend.
3. Learning to Enjoy the Journey
- we go through life hating to make mistakes.
- we tend to have just one answer when we pray to God.
- sometimes, we can have multiple answers, as long as it is not sinful.
2 Peter 2:4-9
- Lot chose to live in a sinful manner.
- But Lot offered his daughters to protect the angels.
- He made a choice, it may not be the best choice.
- When this happens, its not the issue of if God can forgive us. But rather, can you forgive yourself?
- when God forgives, He truly forgives.
- do we forgive others for the bad choices they have made that affected us?
- are we allowing people to move on? Or are we still holding on to their mistakes?