What if we can learn from Jesus how:
- To be RIGHTEOUS, not RELIGIOUS?
- To be a better worker for Him?
- We can deal with REJECTIONS?
- We can find rest in Jesus?
“When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them…‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’” Matt 9:35-38
- Some background information…
- How can we NOT fall into the same trap.
of being religious?
- Focus on thinking for others, not focus on what others think.
- Love and serve others but not performance-oriented.
Learning points Matthew 10:
v.1 - Jesus sends his disciples OUT…
v.9 - It is about raising funds for the journey; no need to be OVERLY prepared
v.16 - Innocent AND Shrewd
v.23 - what to do when persecuted?
v.26 - Be bold!
“Woe to you, Chorazin… Bethsaida…Capernaum…” Matt 11:20-24
- Jesus leads by example
- Jesus had to face rejections; how should that make us see ourselves?
- How have I mis-applied this passage in the past?
- Clue: “At that time…”
- Yoke is easy. Burden is light. Rest for your SOULS
- IT IS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT DOING GOD’s WORK